Tim Thomas wins 7th player award

On Thursday Bruins goalie Tim Thomas was awarded the 7th Player Award. This was the second year in a row that Thomas has won the award. I personally thought that rookie Phil Kessel would win, he was my vote. But you can't go wrong with Thomas and the way he has played for most of the season, although he didn't play well against the Penguins on Thursday and the Bruins lossed 4-2. With the loss, the Bruins have officially been eliminated from the NHL playoffs this year.

Note: defenseman Mark Stuart was sent back down to Providence.

Dave Lewis' job may not be safe, as I heard during the Flyers-Devils intermission on the Devils telecast, a commentator named Stan (I think it's Stan, sorry I forget his name) said that Dave Lewis is in trouble in Boston and GM Peter Chiarelli may not bring him back next season. I personally have not liked Lewis' coaching style and of course the results. Who would the Bruins bring in to be the next coach? It seems that the Bruins are changing coaches almost every year. I think it would be a dream to say Ray Bourque, Cam Neely, or Terry O'Reilly will be the next Bruins coach, but I like the idea of any of those guys being the next coach. We'll wait and see what happens when the season is over.

On Saturday the Bruins will see MA-born Keith Tkachuk and the Atlanta Thrashers at 1pm. Tkachuk will be a free agent after this season I believe and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bruins' uniform next season. Chiarelli has said that he will be going after a second-tier free agent, but I put Tkachuk as a top-tier free agent. Hopefully though Chiarelli goes after Tkachuk in the offseason.

Comments