Bruins relieve coach Dave Lewis

The Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli today announced that they have relieved coach Dave Lewis and associate coach Marc Habscheid of their coaching duties. They will be reassigned to other positions within the Bruins' organization.

Chiarelli said (from a BostonBruins.com article):

"Since the season has ended I have completed a thorough review of the team and the coaching staff, and I have determined that Dave Lewis and Marc Habscheid are not the proper fit for the Bruins at this time. I have a short list of candidates in mind, and I hope to have a new Head Coach in place in the near future."

I am very happy about this move and I'm hoping the Bruins bring in someone like: Terry O'Reilly, or Ray Bourque, or Cam Neely to coach the Bruins. I don't know who else is out there for the Bruins to maybe bring in for the coaching position. Hopefully Chiarelli looks at this years' Stanley Cup winners (the Anaheim Ducks) and their physical style of play and brings in someone who will install a physical system/game for the Bruins to play.

Comments