Chiarelli disappointed about Hartnell suspension

Bruins' GM is disappointed about another suspension on a Flyers' player that injured a Bruin. He is disappointed about the latest suspension of Scott Hartnell because of his hit on Andrew Alberts. Chiarelli had this to say (source):

"The hit was completely unnecessary," said Chiarelli. "I did see [Hartnell] first kind of hold up, but then, after holding up, he followed through with his elbow. That's a classic head shot - and it easily could have been avoided."

Noting that he respects the league's disciplinary procedures, Chiarelli nonetheless said he is "very disappointed at the length of suspension, as well as the fact that we are the victims here for a second time."

Here are some comments from Andrew Alberts about the hit (source same as above):

"I was taught from the time I was playing Pee Wee hockey that you don't hit a guy when he's on his knees," said Alberts. "I went down to make the block, and as I'm doing it, I see [Hartnell], and I'm thinking, 'No way is he going to hit me.' "

"That's a senseless play to rub me out there," said Alberts. "I don't get it. But, hey, what's done is done, I guess."

"I've always taken pride in the fact that I don't hit anyone while they're kneeling and I don't hit a guy's knees. But that's the way I learned. Maybe other guys learn different ways."

The next time these two teams meet is on Saturday, January 12, 2008. Reading Alberts' comments he sounds pissed about the hit, and no doubt he should be. I hope he goes after Hartnell the next time they play each other and get some revenge on that piece of ****.

Again the league didn't surprise me with their lame two-game suspension of Hartnell. That suspension is a joke just like the Randy Jones two-game suspension was.

Comments