Hartnell's cheapshot on Alberts gets him 2-game suspension

Well Flyers' Scott Hartnell was suspended today for only two games for his cheapshot on Andrew Alberts yesterday. So Hartnell only gets a two game suspension for elbowing Alberts in the head against the boards. After seeing what Randy Jones got after his cheapshot, I'm not surprised about this suspension either.

About the hit, Hartnell said:

"I did not try to hurt him," Hartnell said. "There was no intent at all. I am not that type of player. If you look at all the games this year and past years, I finish my checks every time I have an opportunity."

So Alberts has suffered a non-concussive head injury and is listed as day-to-day (source). If you haven't seen the cheapshot yet, you can watch the video below.

Scott Hartnell elbows Andrew Alberts in the head

Comments