Ward speaks about the Bouillon cheap hit on him

Reading this BostonHerald.com article, Aaron Ward was quite open with his thoughts on the Francis Bouillon elbow to his head which gave him a concussion.

The below quotes are from article mentioned above, by Aaron Ward about the hit:

"I felt it was a cheap hit," Ward said. "I've watched it on video and I don't know how I can draw any other conclusion. But I've had past dealings with the National Hockey League. I've learned to set my expectations low. And they met them. Nothing is going to be done. It's done. It was deemed an accident."

Ward gave a shot there to the NHL and Colin Campbell. But it's a shot well deserved. There have been hits and things that players don't get suspended for or they get suspended for a low amount of games (such as the Randy Jones cheap shot on Patrice Bergeron).

Ward on the NHL not suspending Bouillon for his cheap shot:

"I'm not surprised with the end results," said Ward. "We've talked about taking head shots out of the game. It didn't happen. I've just got to move on at this point. But in my estimation I don't understand what's going on. The puck's 140 feet away on the other side of the rink. Why he comes out of the penalty box and veers toward me while I'm circling back to get out of the zone, I don't get. The videotape speaks for itself. The elbow comes up. I'm still at a loss to understand."

So Ward probably thinks the hit was intentional as I do, while Bouillon says it was accidental. Quote from Bouillon:

"I didn't see him," Bouillon said. "I was coming out of the (penalty) box and I was trying to get back into the play. I was looking at our net and all of a sudden I hit him (Ward). I didn't know how it happened but then I looked at our (video)tape and he was turning around and he didn't see me.

It will be interesting the next time these two teams meet, which is on Saturday, November 17th at Montreal, and if Ward and Bouillon will have some words or if Bouillon will stand up as a man and take responsibility for his cheap shot. But when you hit someone when they're not looking, that is not being a man at all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
that visor wearing fag should get suspended