Bruins vs Canadiens game 3 summary

The Boston Bruins won 4-2 in game 3 against the Montreal Canadiens. Game 4 will be on Wednesday. I will be doing a live game post update as well for that game. The stats for game 3 are below.

In the first period, at 11:52, Christopher Higgins scored. At 18:35, Phil Kessel scored (3) to tie the game 1-1, assisted by Dennis Wideman.

In the second period, at 3:36, Shawn Thornton scored his first goal in the playoffs, assisted by Byron Bitz and Stephane Yelle. At 5:16, Yannick Weber scored to tie the game 2-2. At 17:21, Michael Ryder scored (2) assisted by Dennis Wideman and Mark Stuart.

In the third period, at 19:23, Chuck Kobasew scored (2) an empty net goal, assisted by David Krejci and Zdeno Chara.

Game 4 is tomorrow night. Get ready Bruins fans!

Montreal's GM and coach Bob Gainey tells Montreal fans to not boo the American National Anthem.


"I feel like there's a confusion there with our fans," Gainey said Tuesday. They feel like booing the anthem is supporting our team, in that the anthem represents the Boston team."

"And I think if they could separate those two things, then we could respect the anthem of the United States of America and they could still participate loudly in whatever way they want to disrupt the Bruins."
Source


I thought this was only the second time that this has happened recently but I was wrong.

When told of Gainey’s statement, Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas said "that sounds like a very classy thing he did." Thomas, of Flint, Mich., was not put off by the booing.

"The same thing happened last year and it happened just about every time I've played here," he said. "I was prepared for it. I knew what was going to happen and I just ignored it."
Source

Comments