Bruins vs Canadiens tonight game 1

Tonight @ 7pm EST is game 1 between the Bruins and Canadiens and I will be blogging during the game letting you all know what is going on during the game, just like I did last season right here on this blog.

I watched an interview with Tim Thomas and had to post it here (see below). Make sure to catch the first question they ask Thomas, as Georges Laraque apparently went on Montreal radio saying he would like to fight Zdeno Chara and Milan Lucic. Watch the video below to see Thomas' response to that question.

My reaction to that question is who cares, in the playoffs fighting really isn't a factor until like the final few minutes of a game where things get heated and messages get sent for the next game. Laraque can't do anything but fight, so if you don't fight him you don't give him the edge he is looking for. Just ignore him and let him skate around and talk. Like Mike Milbury said on NBC a little while ago during a game, signing Laraque was a waste, Montreal should just release him and send him home, he can't play hockey.




Update @ 6:46 PM on 4/16/09
From Bish's Blog, here are some comments Georges Laraque had about Shawn Thornton, which you can tell he is lying about and trying to get the Bruins off their game. Laraque wants to be a drama queen I guess.

And of the comments about Thornton?

"Like I said, he wants to take it personal and stuff, then he can do that," said the Canadien. "Somebody asked me a question about it, and then I answered what I thought about him, and that's it."

"You can interpret it the way that you want, but at the end of the day, we have to play hockey."

"We have to be disciplined, and it's going to be a physical series," he said.

According to Mike Zeisberger of The Toronto Sun, George Laraque decided to let words start a battle earlier this week instead of waiting until the drop of the puck tonight.

Zeisberger, no doubt working off a translation of an interview on CKAC, a French radio station in Quebec, reported that Laraque said of Shawn Thornton, "When we dropped the gloves in Montreal, I fell...I'm out of his league. He's way too small for me."

According to Zeisberger, Laraque added: "Actually, some of his teammates told me he was shaking in his boots before the game. He really didn't want to face me. If he wants to dance in Boston it will be my pleasure to go with him. I'll make sure the crowd quiets down really fast."

Lastly, this nugget: "Of course I'd like to also fight with Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara but I have to be careful...In the playoffs they'll eject you immediately."

Comments