Bruins trade Aaron Ward to Hurricanes

The Bruins have traded defenseman Aaron Ward to the Carolina Hurricanes for forward Patrick Eaves and a 4th-round draft pick next year. I'm going to miss Ward as he brought a strong D game every night and played well for the Bruins. Best of luck to him in Carolina. If you're also wondering what may happen with Ward and Scott Walker, remembering the sucker punch incident in the playoffs, Ward had this to say about it:

"Tell him I still have practice -- I'll get him back at practice," Ward said with a smile. "It's water under the bridge. I'm on his team now. ... There's a lot of emotion in the playoffs, both in the media and playing the game. ... I'll see Scott Walker when he comes in, shake his hand, tell him how grateful I am to be here, how excited I am to play with him, and it'll be past."
Source


After the trade, the Bruins put Patrick Eaves on waivers to get more cap room. No big loss here as Eaves only had 6 goals in 74 games. He'll be lucky to find a team for next season and probably end up in the AHL. We'll see what happens with restricted free agent Phil Kessel, hopefully the Bruins can work out a deal with him.

Comments