Savard talks about the Cooke hit

Bruins center Marc Savard returned to the TD Garden this afternoon since the injury and had a press conference with the media.

Savard on the hit:
"To me, it was a shoulder and I watched the Richards on Booth hit. I think that was a shoulder. ... I think mine was more of an elbow, so I think there was an attempt to injure there. I was, obviously, very unhappy with what happened and I think it could have been avoided very easily."
Source

Savard on Matt Cooke trying to attempt to contact him:
"Yeah, he has tried and he has tried to get my phone number and stuff like that, but from what happened I really don't, right at the moment, have any interest in talking to him and that's just how I feel. Maybe down the road, but right now, I am not feeling any better so I would rather just not talk to him."
Source

You can watch the entire Savard press conference video with the media.

The Bruins had a big 5-0 win today over the Calgary Flames. With the Bruins winning and the Flyers losing today, they are both tied with 80 points (the Bruins have 1 game in hand on the Flyers). If the playoffs started today the Bruins (7th place) would be facing the Pittsburgh Penguins (2nd place) which would be an interesting series considering everything that has happened. There are eight more games remaining in the season for the Bruins. The Bruins next game in on Monday vs the Buffalo Sabres.

Comments