Bruins vs Flyers game 2 summary

Game 2 between the Bruins and Flyers was another good one with both teams going back and forth. The Bruins won 3-2 with Milan Lucic getting the game winner. The Bruins now lead the series 2-0. Game 3 is on Wednesday in Philadelphia at 7pm EST. The game stats are below the comments about the Savard-Carcillo incident.

The big story of this game was Flyers Dan Carcillo accusing Bruins Marc Savard of biting him during a scrum when Carcillo went after him after Savard took a whack at Brian Boucher's glove. Marc Savard's comments about the incident after the game:

"He pummeled on my face. He pulled on my teeth, so I guess that's biting when a guy tries and pull your front teeth out like his. I guess... I don't know... I don't see how that [is biting]."

"Yeah... I mean he embellishes stuff so obviously under the pile, you try pull out my front teeth, so if that's a bite then I don't know what to say."

"Yeah, his glove tried to yank them out. I don't know if you want to look like him but he pulled on them, that's for sure."

"Yes, it was his glove. I tasted his fingers pretty bad. I just tried to get out of there."
Source

Dan Carcillo's comments about the incident after the game:

"Last time I have been bit was in grade school. It is not a good feeling it is pretty cowardly."

"Oh yeah that's what I try to do when I get into a scrum is try to pull people's teeth out."

"Guys don't bite. Men don't bite."
Source

Something else that the league should look into is a threat made by Flyers captain Mike Richards to Marc Savard:

According to Joe Haggerty of CSNNE, one of his sources told him that Mike Richards said something to Marc Savard along the lines of "You were out for six months weeks. We're gonna take you out for another six months weeks."
Source

In the first period, at 5:12, Johnny Boychuk (2) scored assisted by Patrice Bergeron. At 17:06, Mike Richards (4) scored assisted by Danny Briere and Ville Leino.

In the second period, at 9:31, Miroslav Satan (4) scored assisted by Blake Wheeler and Dennis Wideman. At 19:35, Danny Briere (4) scored assisted by Ville Leino and Chris Pronger.

In the third period, at 17:03, Milan Lucic (1) scored assisted by David Krejci and Miroslav Satan.

Tuukka Rask made 24 saves on 26 shots and is now 6-2 in the playoffs. The Bruins led the game in shots 27-26. The Bruins led in faceoff wins 38-26.

Comments