Marco Sturm to miss rest of playoffs

It's not good news for Marco Sturm and Bruins fans as Sturm will be unavailable for the remainder of the playoffs after tearing both the MCL and the ACL in his right knee. Sturm talked about the injury:

"I mean, I'm still speechless. After the ACL from last year and just, I just never thought there was going to be another injury like this. It's a tough one, but I always came back from big injuries and I'm going to do it again. Yeah, but it's definitely tough."

"I tried to [make a hit] and it happened right away when I started to push from my right leg. I got caught or something like that and I know my knee twisted just a little bit. I could hear right away the big pop. And I heard it again before, and I knew it right away that it's going to be the same thing."
Source

So either look for Shawn Thornton to get back in the lineup or Brad Marchand to get some playoff action. Tonight is Game 2 at 7pm EST. It should be another good one. I won't be able to do a live blog post with updates tonight.

Comments