Chiarelli statement about Marco Sturm

Well it seems Marco Sturm is still a member of the Boston Bruins and he may not be getting traded to LA. Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli released the below statement:

"I am aware of the various media reports today regarding Marco Sturm. I can confirm that I spoke to Marco about waiving his no trade clause and have had discussions regarding Marco with other teams. I can also confirm that there is no trade in place with Marco. At this time, Marco is a member of the Boston Bruins and will continue to train with our team."
Source

So either this means that there was never a trade in place or there was one but it fell apart, maybe Sturm failed some kind of test. Who knows, the trade may happen tomorrow. I'll let you know if I hear anything else about this.

Comments