Bruins sign Shane Hnidy

Before yesterday's game it was announced that the Bruins have signed veteran defenseman Shane Hnidy to a one-year contract.

The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed per club policy.

"I'm very excited," Hnidy said, postgame. "I think right when I got here and even before that, Boston is the dream place I wanted to go back to and here I am."

Hnidy has been with the team in Vancouver since Wed., Feb. 23, but did not play in Saturday night’s game against the Canucks as he is not yet cleared by the Bruins medical staff.

"I knew there was going to be a bunch of steps and the first one was coming out and skating," Hnidy said. "The next one was to hopefully sign and now I just have to move forward...and get my health and everything where it needs to be so I can be in whatever role is needed on this team."
Source

Comments