Daniel Paille suspended 4 games

Today it was announced that Bruins forward Daniel Paille was suspended for four games for his blindside hit on Stars forward Raymond Sawada last night.

"Paille delivered a lateral hit where the principal point of contact was his opponent's head," said NHL Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy in a statement. “Additionally, the injury suffered by the Dallas player was a factor in this decision."

Paille spoke to the media on Friday afternoon.

"Obviously, it was a fast paced play and I just recognized that Sawada was going on a breakaway," said Paille after practice at Wilmington's Ristuccia Memorial Arena. "I just went over to back check and get the puck, but he cut back to the middle.

"And If you look at the play, I'm ahead of him when I hit him. I felt that I hit his shoulder and...looking at the replay I felt that he kind of turned towards me, so I went and finished my check.

"I felt that I hit him in the shoulder at first," he said.

"Right now, although I don't agree with the amount of games, I accept it," added Paille. "I hope that Ray is alright.

"I heard that he does not have a concussion, which is something that I am glad [about].

"I haven't got a hold of him yet, but I hope that the injuries that he has now are all he gets and nothing more," he said.
Source

Comments