Bruins players injury news

So now that the playoffs are over for the Bruins, some news about the different injuries that players have has come out.

Patrice Bergeron
Bergeron was playing through a strained oblique muscle. He first felt the injury in Game 3 vs the Capitals and then aggravated it in Game 5 vs the Capitals. The injury won't require surgery. Bergeron also had a broken nose. He won't need any procedure on his nose either.
"It was probably 60 percent. I don’t know exactly. I'm not very good at that," Bergeron said. "It was just hard to battle – reaching out and trying to battle when my arm was extended. I couldn't get to full speed. It was always there."
Source: Boston.com

"No, everything's fine," Bergeron said. "It's not the last time it will happen either. At the end of my career I'll get it fixed, but so far the breathing didn't really get worse. It's more the swelling, but nothing's misplaced or anything like that."
Source: NESN

Tyler Seguin
Seguin will most like need surgery for a detached tendon in one of his knuckles on his left hand.
Tyler Seguin will most likely require surgery on his left hand. Seguin was injured on March 15 against Florida. Two days later, Seguin was a game-time decision against Philadelphia, but was able to play. Seguin said the injury didn’t affect his game too much.
Source: Boston.com

Adam McQuaid
Remember when McQuaid was hit into the boards by Capitals Jason Chimera and had a cut around his eye and then returned to the lineup against Ottawa. In that game, McQuaid had concussion symptoms and couldn't finish the game. Sounds like he is doing better now but this time off will definitely help him recover safely.
"I'm feeling much better, almost feeling like myself again," McQuaid said during Friday's breakup day at the Garden when the concussion diagnosis was finally revealed. "I'm obviously happy about that, but certainly it was difficult watching.

"It's harder watching than it is playing because you feel kind of helpless," McQuaid added. "You have no control. You play all season to play in the playoffs. To not be able to was difficult, but obviously I wasn't feeling well enough to."

It was McQuaid's second concussion. The first occurred when he tripped over a suitcase in his Providence apartment after being sent down to play during the Olympic break in 2010. He also injured his neck twice with crashes into boards last year in the second round of the playoffs against Philadelphia and early this season in Carolina. McQuaid originally thought he may have injured the neck again this time, but when the symptoms emerged without any big hits or other incidents in Ottawa McQuaid knew it was a head injury he could not try to play through.

"There was nothing in particular I could pinpoint," McQuaid said of the Ottawa game. "I just wasn't feeling as well as I thought I would. It was tough to tell the trainers, but I felt that I had to. We just looked into it further. It's not something you can play through. It's not smart to. Hopefully I can play for many more years. I didn't want to jeopardize that."

"Originally I wasn't feeling too bad, but some symptoms came up," McQuaid said. "I feel much better than I was. I'll take care of myself this summer and there should be absolutely no issues here in a short period of time."
Source: NESN

Stop with the trading goalie talk
Some fans are talking about trading Tim Thomas but you can all stop now. It's not going to happen.

Peter Chiarelli on the possibility of trading Tim Thomas:
"I know I've seen speculation about moving a goalie and all that stuff," Chiarelli said. "Certainly, I'm not inclined to do that. Tim didn’t have, statistically, the year he had the year before. But I thought he had a very good year. We have, if not the best, one of the top two or three goalie tandems in the league." Source: Boston.com

Tuukka Rask said he hopes to sign a long-term deal with the Bruins.
"I think you guys know the answer to that question," he said. "I've always said that I like it here and I want to come back, so that's about it."

"I think there's a clear plan," Rask said. "I think everybody's been talking about it for a long time. It's not about the money, it's more about what's good for everybody. I've always said I like it here, and I think we have a great group of guys and the organization is great, so I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to be here. In my case, I love it here and we’ve just got to make things work."
Source: WEEI.com

The Boston Bruins put out this video with highlights from this season to thank the fans.

Comments