Tim Thomas confirms he won't play next season

Well isn't this some great news to hear [sarcasm], Tim Thomas will definitely be taking next season off. So we won't be seeing Thomas in the black and gold jersey on the ice next season, which sucks. Here's the message that Thomas posted on his official Facebook page:

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT
Source

At the end there, I think Thomas meant to say that "God's will will be done."

Anyways, this really hurts the Bruins because Thomas' salary will still count against the cap. It will likely be more tougher to sign both unrestricted free agents Gregory Campbell and Chris Kelly now. I would assume that Chris Kelly will get a big deal overpaying him by some team due to the good year he had last season. So hopefully the Bruins can re-sign Campbell. If the Bruins lose both players that will be a big loss. As other Bruins fans have said, this really sucks, and well the Bruins will have to move on. The Bruins also have to re-sign next season's starting goalie Tuukka Rask, as he's a restricted free agent. Anton Khudobin will most likely be the backup goalie. Khudobin is an unrestricted free agent after next season.

Comments