Rask and Bergeron both injured overseas

This is why I hate when players go overseas and play while a lockout is going on, injuries. Goalie Tuukka Rask has a minor groin pull and Patrice Bergeron has an upper-body injury. Luckily it doesn't seem to be a head injury for Bergeron which is what I worried about when I read upper-body injury.

About Tuukka Rask's injury:
A local reporter, who is covering the team Rask is playing for — HC Lasselsberger Plezen, tweeted that it appeared to be a minor problem, since the goalie was able to finish the first period. But Rask, who is playing in the Czech Republic during the NHL lockout, did not return for the second period.

After the game, Rask told reporters the injury was not serious.

"I slightly pulled my groin," said Rask. "I had groin problems last year, so I took a little rest as a precaution."
Source

About Patrice Bergeron's injury:
NESN's Naoko Funayama is reporting that Bergeron has an upperbody injury and is day-to-day. He missed the last game but practiced today, and is questionable for tomorrow's game. Source

Comments