Loui Eriksson has concussion, John Scott to have hearing

Loui Eriksson #21 of the Boston Bruins is helped off the ice by teammates Chris Kelly #23 and Dennis Seidenberg #44 after being injured
BUFFALO, NY - OCTOBER 23: Loui Eriksson #21 of the Boston Bruins is helped off the ice by teammates Chris Kelly #23 and Dennis Seidenberg #44 after being injured in the game against the Buffalo Sabres on October 23, 2013 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York. Boston defeated Buffalo, 5-2. (Photo by Bill Wippert/NHLI via Getty Images)
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli issued the below statement about Loui Eriksson.

"Loui traveled back to Boston from Buffalo by plane today (October 24) with a member of the Bruins medical staff. After an examination by team doctors in Boston, he has been diagnosed with a concussion and will be out indefinitely. The team will provide a further update on Loui's status when appropriate."
Source: bruins.nhl.com

On Twitter, Joe Haggerty posted this, which doesn't sound good for Eriksson:

"Claude Julien used the phrase "pretty severe" at one point when talking about the concussion Loui Eriksson suffered last night"

Sabres John Scott also spoke to some Buffalo media about the cheapshot.
"I try to play within the code and within the rules and this is my first suspension. I feel really upset, I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened and I regret the whole situation. I don't want to be a dirty player."
Source: kuklaskorner.com

"I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened," he told Bill Hoppe, who covers the Sabres for the Times Herald. "I get frustrated when people say I'm a goon and this and that. I have a role, I do," he added. "It was unfortunate what happened," he added, according to the Sabres' Twitter account.
Source: NESN.com

Comments