Bruins sign Brad Marchand to 8-year contract

Brad Marchand
Yesterday the Bruins announced that they signed forward Brad Marchand to an 8-year, $49 million contract extension through the 2024-25 NHL season, which is worth an average annual value of $6.125 million.

Marchand had this to say: "This is an extremely exciting day for me and my family. I would like to thank the Jacobs family, Cam Neely, Don Sweeney, Claude Julien, the coaching staff, my teammates and our fans for their continued support and belief in me. I have been a Bruin since the start of my pro career and there is no place I would rather play. I look forward to doing everything I can to help our team achieve success and bring the Stanley Cup back to Boston."
Source: nhl.com

Last season, Marchand played in 77 games, scored 37 goals (career-high), had 24 assists, totaling 61 points (career-high). In his career, Marchand has played in 454 games, accumulated 153 goals and 136 assists for 289 points, and has a +138 rating.

Comments