New NHL trash talking

Evander KaneKevan Miller
So if you missed it a few days ago, this blog post is about Buffalo Sabres Evander Kane and Bruins Kevan Miller having some words through the media and social media. It's not the old days anymore where things were kept on the ice, in today's "New NHL" we have players talking trash through third parties at each other.

After the final meeting between the Bruins and Sabres, Miller was asked about the non-fight he had with Kane where the linesmen stepped in between them and Miller said:

"I think [Kane] was excited to fight when the referees came in and not before."

The next day, Kane responded on Twitter with this tweet:
Evander Kane's tough guy tweet on Twitter

Kevan Miller was informed about Evander Kane's tweet and then said this to the media:

"You guys can kinda pick and choose for that. You saw the game, right? I said my piece after the game. He wanted to fight when the refs and came in, and now he's using Twitter, which is whatever you wanna call it - seems he has to say that when we don't play them again. He knew I wanted to [fight], there's no if's and's or but's about it. Everybody on his team knew I wanted to, and I'm pretty sure everybody on his team knows how I feel about him."

We will have to wait until next season before these two meet again, unless miraculously these two teams meet in the playoffs, which I seriously doubt will happen.

Comments