Patrice Bergeron speaks

Patrice BergeronToday Patrice Bergeron talked to the media for the first time since he was hit from behind by Flyers' Randy Jones. It was good to see him actually talk but sad to see what the hit has done to him. I hope he recovers fully and is able to come back and play hockey.

Some quotes from Bergeron during the press conference (source):

"Personally I think it was a hit from behind," said Patrice, who decided to make himself an example to all hockey players. "Right now the point I'm here is to send a message for guys to think about the consequences when you go for a hit like that.

"You have to hold back -- hitting is a part of the game, but not from behind.

"We have to respect each other a little bit more. I know I'm not the only one who has been saying that this past year. Something needs to be done. We have to think about the consequences when you’re on the ice."

I agree with Bergeron. There is too much hitting from behind right now in the league that sometime someone may get hurt far worse than Bergeron and no one wants that.

(Photo above is courtesy of AP. Image hosted by Imageshack.us.)

Comments