Milan Lucic wins 7th Player Award

Last night before the game vs Toronto, the Bruins 7th Player Award was awarded to none other than rookie forward Milan Lucic. Lucic deserved to win the award and he was my choice as well. Congratulations to Milan Lucic! Some quotes from the rookie after last night's game (source):

"I think [the Bruins] set that certain identity with the players they've had in the organization," said the rookie to the reporters who waited for him after the game -- many of whom had smiles on their faces while listening to Milan. "Back in the day I can name lots of them who played here: Cam [Neely], Ray [Bourque], and Terry O'Reilly. Look up at the rafters and you can see all the guys who've had their numbers retired. It's all guys who have played hardnosed hockey in your face."

"It's a very successful style and I think it's an entertaining style," he said.

"You know, as a player you always want to be a popular player," said Lucic. "You want to be a fan favorite. [But, before tonight] to be perfectly honest, it never really crossed my mind."

"I just went out there and tried to play my game, play hard everyday, and tried to contribute."

"I guess you could say that my style of hockey sort of fits the bill for a Boston Bruin," he said, finally. "So it's probably the best place I could've come out of all thirty teams."

The Bruins beat Toronto last night to finish off Toronto's chances of making the playoffs. The Bruins next game is on Saturday against the Ottawa Senators.

Comments