St. Pierre sent down, Bergeron on IR

Martin St. Pierre, who scored his first goal of the season last night against the Penguins, today was sent down to the Providence Bruins (AHL). Also Patrice Bergeron has been put on injured reserve. The St. Pierre demotion was a surprise for me as I thought they need another forward with all the injuries unless he is just going down for today and then called back up against the Penguins on Thursday. Seeing Bergeron placed on injured reserve isn't a shock and I don't expect him to come back this season again. It's sad but that is what it is with head injuries. I wish Bergeron all the best and he really needs to think if he should be coming back from another concussion is best for him again.

Update on 1/1 @ 7:25pm
Martin St. Pierre was recalled on an emergency basis before the game and is playing tonight vs the Penguins.

Comments

Tiffany said…
That sucks about Saint. Congrats on your goal, now get out. Hi, I added you to my blog roll. I'm slowly transitioning my blog to being semi-B's. :)
Adam said…
St. Pierre was recalled before tonights game is playing. Good to see him back.

Thanks for adding my blog to your site. Gotta give you props for your nice hockey blog. :)
Tiffany said…
Yah I see! Haha. I heard it took him 12 hours to come back up from Ptown! It's like he was driving thru CT or something, eh?

Thanks!